Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Clarification Between Model Years!
Southerndude
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote

I have been looking around on the net the last few days, and also test rode a 2011 multistrada. I'm leaning towards the 2011 Touring S. The price of $20,000 USA, but I have seen some 2010 Multi's with bags selling for $15,000. What is the difference between the 2011 multi Touring S and the 2010 Multi?

It seems that the dealers are playing games with limiting the info on a 2010 multi forsale but making it look like a full blown Touring S. I even looked at the Ducati website and could not make heads or tales between the distinction of the 2010 and the 2011 multis. If there are not many differences it would not matter to me if it's a 2010 or a 2011. Like everyone else, I want the best bang for the buck.

Thanks,

Southerndude
Cool
Steve B
MTS: 2010 1200 (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote

There have been no changes from the 2010 to 2011 model years. I understand that Ducati had a promotion for dealers to throw in bags on unsold 2010 standards. If you go for a 2010 just make sure it's had all the recall updates and it'll be the same bike as a 2011.
Southerndude
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
There have been no changes from the 2010 to 2011 model years. I understand that Ducati had a promotion for dealers to throw in bags on unsold 2010 standards. If you go for a 2010 just make sure it's had all the recall updates and it'll be the same bike as a 2011.

I sure hope that the 2010 multistrada was not $20K! I would hate to think you could loose $5K depreciation in 1 year. Some of the pricing and options seem squrrely to me. I'm going to call around to a few dealers today and see if I can get some consistent clear info.

Thanks for your info. I'm not doubting you, I'm just hearing & seeing to many different pieces of info.

I'll post what I find here later today.

Southerndude Cool
Habanero
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Custom colour)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote

the 2010 may be a base model vs. the 2011 being a touring S...

and yes you can easily lose $5k in depreciation over a year....you probably lose half that amount when you ride away on day one. Keep it, and ride it...

MTS: 2010 1200 (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Southerndude wrote:
Steve B wrote:

I sure hope that the 2010 multistrada was not $20K! I would hate to think you could loose $5K depreciation in 1 year. Some of the pricing and options seem squrrely to me. I'm going to call around to a few dealers today and see if I can get some consistent clear info.

Thanks for your info. I'm not doubting you, I'm just hearing & seeing to many different pieces of info.

I'll post what I find here later today.

Southerndude Cool

Maybe we're misunderstanding each other. I didn't go into the difference between the price of the standard and S models, it seemed in your post you knew that. The retail prices or features haven't changed in the US from 2010 to 2011. The standard is $15k, the standard with ABS (what I have btw) $16.5k, and either the S sport or touring is $20k.
Southerndude
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Ok I got that now.

Thanks