Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: multi vs. aprilia tuono mille
sunny
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Dear multiriders,

does anyone have any experience / knowledge about the Aprilia RSV Touno Mille and specifically, how it compares to the Multistrada? Any inputs are appreciated.

Thx.
sunny.
Tomster330

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:28 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking for the same answer. Might be a moot point as there may not be any 2003 Tuono's left in the country. The 2004's won't be out till March or April.
Greg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:41 am Reply with quote

The touno has better bars That why I put them on my MTS Laughing It also much faster. It is really a full on sport bike with no fairing. I don't like not being able to see the engine its there but it is va very weird looking motor The special edition touno was a very cool looking bike even with the weird looking engine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:39 pm Reply with quote

I looked at the Tuono briefly. Its not really comparable though. Its a naked bike with a water cooled engine. Its also very prone to wheelies, at least based on 2nd hand info. Didn't really appeal to me.

greg
Tomster330

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:27 am Reply with quote

gbenner wrote:
Its also very prone to wheelies, at least based on 2nd hand info.
greg

You say that like its a BAD thing! Laughing
gbenner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:25 am Reply with quote

Tomster330 wrote:
gbenner wrote:
Its also very prone to wheelies, at least based on 2nd hand info.
greg

You say that like its a BAD thing! Laughing

I sort of thought my comment would get a response Very Happy

I read a couple of road tests where they commented that the Tuono would wheelie accidentally at speeds of 80mph+. I ride a couple of other bikes, one of which won't do a wheelie at virtually any speed (Harley Road King) and have gotten in the habit of grabbing a handful of throttle kinda whever i want Think I don't mind the front end lifting in lower gears (like the MS in 1st) but not at 80mph. I've ridden motorbikes for over 40 years, and I think i have finally learned my limitations Shocked

regards, greg
multistrada33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:59 pm Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing about the comparison. I was excited about the chance to compare both head to head. I rented a MS in Italy while my friend was lined up on the Tuono. 2 weeks before we depart, the rental folks called to ask my friend if he would take the Mille RSV due to the fact that someone destroyed the Tuono. I stopped off at the Aprilia dealer and they mentioned no Tuonos until Feb and no demos. So I guess I'll be off to Italy for another rental to check it out (I wish). I like the looks and the the juice the Tuono has to offer, but I wonder how it compares to the MS on the tight twisties and excellent tracking.

Tony
spo002

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:35 am Reply with quote

You cant compare these 2 bikes. They have a diferent filosophy. Its like comparing the R1 with the Multistrada. The Tuono has nearley 120 hp thats almost 30 more than the Multi. Does any one find any comparison in that. I dont think so. The only similarity is that they are both 2 Italian ladies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:58 am Reply with quote

Having owned an Aprillia 650 Pegaso) I can assure you that there is one thing about them that you can compare to the Multistrada and that is the need for patience. I don't know about other countries but in the UK the wait for spares is even longer than that for Multistrada accessories. I had a fuel leak from the carb on my Pegaso which required a service kit which took so long to arrive that I got fed up waiting and sold the bike complete with leak. The long wait for spares was the main reason that my friend gave up the Aprillia franchise. He is now solus Ducati

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:32 pm Reply with quote

i have to agree in that you can't directly compare the 2 bikes. Sorrry but the Prilla is a styling exercise with an RSV, - the MS is imo a new approach, - typical of Ducati in that they build a bike as a complete unit, - so the horse power on paper has little relavance to the "smile-abilty" of their bikes. Having ridden a RSV i would say it feels almost Japanese in its finish, - very slick gear shifts etc. The MS like all Ducatis takes a bit of getting used to, - ride one for 5 mins and you won't get the whole experience, - it is an aquired taste perhaps, but like a good Malt whiskey once you have got the taste there is no comparison.

and like been said before spares on Prillas are not good, - and the finish on most Prillas does not come up to Ducati standards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:50 pm Reply with quote

sunny wrote:
Dear multiriders,

does anyone have any experience / knowledge about the Aprilia RSV Touno Mille and specifically, how it compares to the Multistrada? Any inputs are appreciated.

Thx.
sunny.
Shocked

dear Sunny,I have drive the RSV1000 tuono, its veeeeeeeeeerry fast (much faster than a MTS !) it needs higher revs,thats for sure, bud for all,it has the wrong decall on the fuel tank ! Razz

jms