Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Man I cannot Believe it!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Southerndude
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Hello Strata Owners!

I was visiting my relatives in Greenville, SC this past week-end, and visited Touring-Sport a BMW, Aprillia, Ducati dealership, Crap, that was a major mistake. I saw the new Ducati 2011 touing S there in Red. I loved how it looks, It's like being in the mall and all of a sudden you see this great looking A__ walk by, I needed a Chiropractor for my neck.

Now understand, I'm 65 YOld, I now ride a 2009 BMW R1200 RT,
I have had 3 BMW GS's, and 1 K1200GT. I switched to the RT because I loved the balance, handeling and all the amenities, cruise, electric windshield, Radio, decent fairing. Of course the Sales guy, Jason, nice guy, said you can take here for a spin if you want, Oh I said I have never rode a Ducati of any kind. He said take this for a demo ride and let me know what you think. SOOOoooo, I had to say OK What the heck!

Let me tell you how this demo ride makes me feel. I feel like I'm married (BMW) and I just fell in love with a Ducati, but I can't leave my RT's amenities, but I love how the Multis SOOooo Fast and Sexey, and so well dressed (color, design) and so well appointed (All the tech features) Except for the RT's Cruise, Electric windshield) and how the Ducati just handel's & Performs so well, (the RT's not bad either) But I feel that the Ducati is... Man I've never had this much ambivelence over two materialistic things. I could not believe how the Power band just blew me away. I was going 65mph in 6th gear, then I cracked the throttle half way, and I shot to 100 mph in 3 seconds, WHoa!!! It straightended my arms out and put a huge A__ smile on my face!!

I did it again, at that point I felt like just leaving the RT there and eloping! I'm having a real hard time with this, I'm soul searching all the pros and cons of divorce. Any one else gone thru this?

Southerndude Cool
Mattel
MTS: 2008 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote

HAHa!!! They have their hooks into you! Great bike. If you have the money for it buy it! If you don't just save up, or find a used one. It is a great bike. You can add whatever you need that it does not have. The 1200 is unreal!

ATGATT+AIR!!!
Android
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Now where have I heard that before

Clap Clap Clap Clap

Welcome to the Multistrada Forum Southern Dude

just be careful they don't take your license away too quick
best regards
Andy

Last edited by Android on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Make it a threesome!

2020 Hypermotard 950sp OMFG!!!!
heathbar
MTS: 2010 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote

Thats where my "Sweet Girl" came from... I've left all my Honda girls...! and fell in love with this one like I was 16 again!! Just can't get enough of this one yet Razz
terrydendy
MTS: 2007 1100S (Black)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote

i rode the 1100s and traded my r1200gs in a matter of 5 minutes, i have ridden and owned most of the bmw's.Love the one you are with,cherish the moments then put that ducati between youre leggs and up youre testerone, but do relaise you need to be more aware, adjust youre throttle hand, i have never looked back.
Southerndude
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 am Reply with quote

heathbar wrote:
Thats where my "Sweet Girl" came from... I've left all my Honda girls...! and fell in love with this one like I was 16 again!! Just can't get enough of this one yet Razz

Have you been pleased with the Ducati service from Touring Sport?

Southerndude Cool
heathbar
MTS: 2010 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote

Yes... So far So good!! Travis (the tech) is a super nice guy. Mine was a demo when I got it and It had some small problems, they got everything sorted out and she's running like a (noisey) top. I really love this bike,Very Very fun to ride!!! And the only real difference in 10 vs 11 is some upgrades to ECU and some misc. things that are fixed under warranty anyways. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Very Happy
Southerndude
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote

heathbar wrote:
Yes... So far So good!! Travis (the tech) is a super nice guy. Mine was a demo when I got it and It had some small problems, they got everything sorted out and she's running like a (noisey) top. I really love this bike,Very Very fun to ride!!! And the only real difference in 10 vs 11 is some upgrades to ECU and some misc. things that are fixed under warranty anyways. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Very Happy

Thanks for the Info. One of the reasons I asked is because touring sport seems to have gone thru a major change in employees, and it seems attitudes.

There seems to be a fare amount of 2010's left but they did not have any touring s models. Still trying to figure that out. How is your back brake?
scfrank
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote

You guys are not making this easy. I live near Greenville and just went to Touring Sport and rode a new 1200. I've owned many bikes in the last 10 years and this one is wonderful. I had a Tuono before and have to say I love high rev. V-twins. The Duc is the ultimate. It seems much easier to live with than the Tuono was, and it wasn't bad. I think I am about ready to jump into the Ducati pool, expense and all. The longer service intervals help. My, the bike is beautiful. Great riding position. Outstanding motor.

I'll be back here next week as a new owner most likely.

OH, an yes, I've bought several bikes at Touring Sport and they always have been very fair and responsive with me. Very Happy
mollycbr123
MTS: 2010 1200S (White)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote

I took my first test ride on a 1200 at Touring Sport last spring. I was there with my 1100 multi that had blown a clutch line in the middle of frigging nowhere on the way down to N. Georgia. The tow truck got me and the bike to the shop about an hour before closing. The tech pulled the bike right in and started fabricating me a new line. In the meantime, I had an hour to kill, so I bummed a test ride. An accidental power wheelie in third gear at 70mph convinced me a 1200 would be my next bike! Took me about a month to pull the trigger. If Touring Sport wasn't so far away from me here in NC, I would have bought the bike from them, based on the excellent service I got there that one time.

'12 Multistrada S Touring
Yes, I do miss my air cooled multi...
Brand spanking new '16 Thruxton R
The Duchess of Desmo
MTS: 2008 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote

Southerndude ...you have been infected ! Soon you will be sat in your garage tellinging her how she has made you vigorous and young again.. And that you have never been happier in your life! Then you will be on this site telling us all what lovely peope we are and what a great site this is... Trust me

Oh there is no known antedote!!

jazz
MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote

caroleb wrote:

Oh yes there is...
Try playing jazz for a living
I'm still trying to rid myself of the guilt from buying my used 1100.
scfrank
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote

caroleb wrote:
Southerndude ...you have been infected ! Soon you will be sat in your garage tellinging her how she has made you vigorous and young again.. And that you have never been happier in your life! Then you will be on this site telling us all what lovely peope we are and what a great site this is... Trust me

Vigorous and young. Tell me more!
ken w
MTS: 2009 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Southerndude, I know how you feel. I started with a 916 S4 monster a few years...then a 996 St4s. Then I figured out after being a bricklayer for the past 30 some years that the 'lean into it' riding position was putting my arms to sleep while riding. [years of picking up material that weighs almost as much as I do] So the monster turned into an 1100s Multi LOVE it, had a considerable amount of problems. however, Ducati stood tall and made her right. Well...then the 1200 came out, yep, you guessed it. Buy her you will not regret it. Heading for the Pikes Peak hill climb next summer. ride safe kw